A Sunday's Work

Sunday has always been my housework day.  My crafting day.  My mostly stay-around-the-house day.  The past few weeks - actually close to a month or more - I haven't gotten to do this, and it's clear I need to spend a day just hanging here.  The house is trashed, I haven't been focusing on finishing my projects, and I just need to a day to recollect.

Here's what I need to accomplish today:
1.  Finish Eamon's longies.
2.  Seal the wooden blocks from his birthday party, and take pictures.
3.  Date and put photos in Eamon's album.
4.  Download all the digital movies we got for Christmas. 
5.  Clean.  Clean.  Clean.
6.  Finish Eamon's fabric alphabet set.
7.  Finish Eamon's fabric shape set.

It's ambitious, but aren't I always?  It's 8 AM, let's see what I can get done today...

While you wait, here's a picture to enjoy.  Eamon likes to wear my underpants like a scarf.  Preferably several pair.  The other day he had a pair around his waist like a belt, and four around his neck.  I suppose that's what I get for leaving clean clothes in a hamper.


9:30 PM - I feel pretty good about today.  Didn't get everything on the list done, but I did a fair amount.  And I nursed a toddler about twenty times.  

1.  Finish Eamon's longies.  Got these finished today, now I just need to lanolize them, and they'll be ready to wear.  But I can't lanolize until I get the dishes done, since the sink is full right now.  Finished the dishes, and the longies are done and drying.  They just need an elastic waistband, and they'll be ready to go.



2.  Seal the wooden blocks from his birthday party, and take pictures.  Okay, so, I didn't at all get this done.  But I did get the homemade "Mod Podge" done.  It's in the fridge and all ready for me when I get around to doing this... Hopefully one day this week.


3.  Date and put photos in Eamon's album.  Yep, Eamon's first year photo album is done.  And I printed exactly the right number of pictures so that the last picture is him on his birthday with his birthday balloon.  Now I just need to get a new album to start for this year.


4.  Download all the digital movies we got for Christmas.  Got the important ones done and put onto the iPod.


5.  Clean.  Clean.  Clean.  Haha.  Maybe the first clean.  But my policy is always the same: cleaning will be there later.  Moments with my family and friends (and my crafts) might not.  While I'm busy cleaning, Eamon might be outgrowing the pants I wanted to knit.  And let's be honest, cleaning with a toddler running around is pretty useless.


6.  Finish Eamon's fabric alphabet set.  I definitely didn't finish the whole set, but I DID finish all the vowels... And that almost counts, right?  I had hoped to make these magnetic, but I've not been able to find tiny, strong magnets, so I gave that up.  I'll probably make a nice fabric box for the set.  But not today.



7.  Finish Eamon's fabric shape set.  Eamon has recently entered a sensitive period for matching shapes.  I decided to throw together these scrappy little shapes for him.  I've been working on them all week, so these were done except the red squares and blue semi-circles. Super great stash busting project - just like the fabric letters above.

Comments

Popular Posts