Blech. So much for a weekly craft.

I feel a little sad about my craft-a-week goal today.  It's the end of week 1, and I haven't finished my craft yet.  BUT... Four days of mind-blowing, gut-wrenching (literally), laundry-tripling illness in our house this week has left me with little time to knit.  I've been up to my elbows in vomit and dirty diapers, nursing a one year old through a nasty stomach bug.  For twelve hours, I had gastrointestinal pyrotechnics I've never seen before.  And now, as POSSLQ lays on the recliner recovering, I'm trying to get the house back in order after all the madness.


Needless to say, I'm running a little behind.  I'm cutting myself some slack, though.  My goal this week was to finish two little knit vests for twin boys who are good friends with Eamon.  Even with all the illness, I've made good progress, and I think I can finish at least one tomorrow.  I hope, anyway.  Eamon has an afternoon playdate with Pap-pap, which should give Mama plenty of time to sit on the couch and knit!


In other news, Eamon completed one of his first outdoor chores today - feeding the chickens.  Usually when we go out, he plays while I take care of the girls.  But today, he showed a good deal of interest in watching them gobble up their scratch corn, so I showed him how to throw handfuls out to them.  Watching him pick out about eight kernels and drop them right at his feet was so entertaining, especially since we have seven hens, and they can eat fast.  I do wish I had taken a picture, but who carries the camera to the hen house?  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts