Oil cleansing

About a year ago, I got fed up with the chronic bad skin I've had since getting pregnant with E. I went through my teenage years with excellent skin, and never had much trouble with breakouts through my twenties. I was blessed with mostly clear, though very sensitive, skin.

Enter pregnancy hormones. Nearly from day one of my pregnancy with E, I struggled with skin eruptions. On my face, on my chest, on my back. I tried SO many different cleansers, but I was already on the all-natural path, so I mainly just dealt with it.

After E was born, my face cleared a lot, but I still had more eruptions than I was used to, and noticed my skin was very hormone sensitive. I couldn't find anything that worked very well for me. I started doing some research, and ran across the oil cleansing method. I decided to give it a try, and it's been amazing for me. It took a little while to get the proportions right, and sometimes I still have to tweak my recipe, but oil cleansing has simplified my daily routine even more. And it's made my skin healthier and younger looking.

Now that I'm using the highest quality essential oils, I investigated what oils to add to my oil blend for maximum benefit. When I made my new blend of oil last week, I added eucalyptus and melaleuca, both of which have anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. I'm hoping to add geranium to my next oil order, and add that as well, since it's excellent for skin repair and balancing oily/dry skin.

Comments

Popular Posts