Make It At Home Monday - Salad Dressing


One of the byproducts of making kombucha  is the sometimes leftover tea that is either not enough to bottle, or, after bottling, is just a little too sour for drinking. In this case, I have a bottle that I keep in the kitchen to hold this kombucha vinegar. I just keep adding to the bottle when I need to, and I use it in place of apple cider vinegar for a lot of applications.

One of my favorite kombucha vinegar uses is salad dressing. Oil and vinegar dressings are really simple to make at home, and cost much less than a good quality (organic) store bought dressing. The ingredients are simple, the process is simple, and the result is just delightful.

To make your own salad dressing, you'll need:
Berries of your liking (I really love raspberries, but used strawberries this time)
raw sugar
A glass jar (Pint or larger)
Good quality oil, like extra virgin olive oil
kombucha or apple cider vinegar

To start, I chop my berries very fine. I love my Alaskan ulu,
by the way, especially for jobs like this.
Add enough raw sugar to coat the berries well and
toss them together. Allow to "mellow" in the refrigerator for a few hours.
Add about 1/4 cup of oil, then fill the rest with vinegar.
Shake well before every use. Store in the refrigerator, obviously.


Comments

Popular Posts