I have a few points of discussion.

I said I wouldn't post any more blogs with "life lesson" tags. But, you know, the life lessons just keep coming.

Here's what I have to say for today:

Moving on is hard. Really hard. I know that, because I'm doing it. But it's also necessary. And dwelling on the past, holding on to the past, even if you put it on a top shelf in the garage, is not healthy. To truly move on, you must purge your life of the past. Just like a drug addict fresh out of rehab, you can't keep contact with the toxic things in life. Get rid of those toxic things. Learn to numb yourself to them. Do what you have to do to protect yourself.

Secondly, mental health is no joke. It affects millions, and it causes upheaval and tragedy in people's lives. It causes mass shootings and bombings, but it also causes families to fall apart and people to quietly commit suicide. It's hard to admit you need help. Trust me, I've been there. It's hard to tell people you've gotten help, because there's a stigma attached to that. So here it is... Therapy is good for me. Liquid xanax keeps me off the real stuff. There's nothing wrong with being on the real stuff (with a proper treatment plan and in conjunction with therapy), but as a nursing mama and crunchy lady, I'm just not interested in that. I'm a strong woman - I never knew how strong until recently - but I need somewhere to vent. And my friends and family don't deserve to listen to me be obsessive or sad or angry. They deserve the best of me, and when I have a safe space to vent those feelings properly, I save the best of myself for the people I love.

Sometimes, you have to hit rock bottom before you realize you need to ask for help. Thankfully, I didn't make it quite that far, but I've been there for those who have. It's a truly rewarding experience to see someone you love turn into the person he or she always should have been. It's rewarding to be that person, too. For me, it was more of a returning to my former self, but I have made a few changes. I'm a healthier, happier woman, and my family deserves that.

I blog a lot about natural living and being crunchy and good to the Earth, but the bottom line is this - take care of yourself, physically, emotionally, spiritually. Live your life and enjoy your journey. Find your own way, and when you go the wrong direction, don't be afraid to ask for help. That's why you're not the only one on the Earth.


Comments

Popular Posts