Recovery

The last twenty four hours have been marked with good progress in recovery. Open and honest communication has led to better understanding and a greater sense of peace, and this morning I took a big step toward restoring my personal sanity. I made a small change that will have a big impact on my daily routine and, hopefully, a big impact on my ability to look forward from now on.

Our recent family vacation helped recharge the parts of me that felt sucked dry. My stores of good emotion have been refilled, and I can feel myself returning to the happier person I once was.

Recovery from trauma is slow and tiresome for both POSSLQ and me, but I can already see the fruits of our hard work - we are becoming the sort of couple we always should have been. We are open and honest and affectionate and happy to be together.
Fresh out of the hot springs

Comments

Popular Posts