End of an era...

Today was both an ending and a beginning. 

Today was the end of our time at the yurt. 

Our last day!
Our early days at the yurt - around 2 1/2 years old
For nearly half their lives, these three boys have come to the yurt at least three mornings a week. They have played in the sand, climbed on the rails, pulled work from the shelves, read books on the couch, danced on the floor. They've sat around the circle table to explore and create and learn. They've eaten from little plates and bowls, each choosing the same colors nearly every day. Today was the last day of all that. 

Being at the yurt with the boys has been such a blessing. I have gotten to watch them all grow and change and learn about each other. I've gotten to be a part of their lives nearly every day. I've taken E with me almost every day, and I've taken little e with me every day too. What a beautiful way to earn an income, without leaving my children in the care of someone else. What a blessing to know my child has made life long friends, and I have too.

Tomorrow is a new beginning. 

Tomorrow I set out on the road, I leave my big E behind for our longest stretch away from each other. Tomorrow I throw myself fully into a new passion, a new path. I'll miss being with the boys each day, but I'm grateful for the blessings that have come our way, and for the blessings yet to come. I'm excited for this journey, and though I know it will be hard work, I also know it will be so worth it. 

Winter 2014
Winter 2014
Autumn 2014
Autumn 2014
February 2014
2013
2013
2013

Comments

Popular Posts